Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'll Always Love a Dog named Belle

I’ll Always Love a Dog Named Belle Written in memory of Belle for Nicki and Mary Hickox by Granny Jo When is it time to say goodbye, My little dog named Belle? When is it time to end your pain, Sweet loving friend? When I looked into your face On days that had been bad. I saw a look that sorrowed me It was tired, and hurt, and sad. I tried to see beyond the ache The little spark I used to see. And I softly whispered to my heart “This may get better then it used to be.” I rode this roller-coaster of Emotions as we tried, To make it through another day, And still, it could not be denied... I kissed her sweet face, Held her head Looked at her dewy eyes, and said, "I Love You, Girl." With gentle hands and heavy heart, I released her to God. Her gentle little doggie paws are quiet today. Inside my heart is breaking, My Silver Belle has slipped away. Even though we are apart, She has left her tiny paws upon my heart. And in my memories she’ll run A young dog once again. I’ll always love a dog named Belle

4 comments:

Carolyn Hickox said...

"Great poem Jo Ann. Makes me cry....Thanks."

Nicolaas said...

I am very sorry i will pray for the hickox family

I know how it feels to put a good dog to sleep

7redz said...

Joey had a short dream last night that she was running and happy. Mom, you wrote this poem knowing things were not going well... and as it happened Mary really was holding her head as she slipped away. Joey was there too and said she was wagging her tail. We all miss her so much but do find great comfort in knowing she is resting and comfortable now, better than she was for quite some time.

Joni said...

Im so sorry everyone. Belle was a very sweet dog. I know its hard.